Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you’re trying to connect your iPhone to a Bluetooth device, but the darn thing just won’t turn on? Fret not, because we’ve got your back!
In this article, I’ll explore the common reasons why you can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and provide you with simple yet effective solutions to get your Bluetooth up and running again
If you can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone, then you can try one of the following fixes;
- Turn Off Airplane Mode on your iPhone
- Check the Restrictions on Your iPhone
- Force Restart your iPhone
- Update iOS on your iPhone
- Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
- Contact Apple Support
If you don’t know how to perform these fixes, then continue reading our guide on how to fix can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
Why Can’t I Turn On Bluetooth on iPhone?
There could be several reasons why you can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone. Here are some possible explanations:
Software-related issues: Sometimes, the problem may be with the software on your iPhone rather than the hardware. It’s possible that a recent software update has caused a bug that is preventing you from turning on Bluetooth. Alternatively, there may be a conflict with another app that is causing Bluetooth to malfunction.
Hardware-related issues: If there is a problem with the Bluetooth hardware on your iPhone, you may not be able to turn it on. This could be due to physical damage, a loose connection, or a malfunctioning component.
Battery issues: If your iPhone battery is low or running out of power, you may not be able to turn on Bluetooth. This is because Bluetooth requires a certain amount of power to function properly, and if your battery is low, it may not be able to provide enough power to support Bluetooth.
Airplane mode: If your iPhone is in airplane mode, you won’t be able to turn on Bluetooth. This is because airplane mode disables all wireless connections, including Bluetooth.
Restrictions: If you have set up parental controls or restrictions on your iPhone, it’s possible that Bluetooth has been disabled as part of those restrictions. You can check your iPhone’s settings to see if this is the case.
Outdated software: If your iPhone is running an outdated version of iOS, you may not be able to turn on Bluetooth. This is because newer versions of iOS often contain bug fixes and improvements that can help to resolve Bluetooth-related issues.
Can’t Turn On Bluetooth on Your iPhone? Here are 6 Fixes That Work!
Turn Off Airplane Mode on your iPhone
Turning on and off Airplane mode on an iPhone can sometimes fix issues with Bluetooth not turning on. This is because Airplane mode disables all wireless connections on the device, including Bluetooth. When you turn off Airplane mode, the iPhone re-establishes connections with available wireless networks, including Bluetooth.
Sometimes, the Bluetooth function on an iPhone can become stuck or frozen due to a software glitch or a temporary hardware issue. In such cases, turning on and off Airplane mode can help reset the Bluetooth function and allow it to work properly again.
Additionally, turning on Airplane mode and then turning it off again can refresh the device’s network settings and clear any temporary data or cache that might be causing the issue.
It’s important to note that while turning on and off Airplane mode can be a quick and easy fix for some Bluetooth issues on an iPhone, it may not work for all cases. If the problem persists, you may need to try other troubleshooting steps or seek assistance from Apple support.
- Step 1 Swipe down to open the Control Panel on your iPhone.
- Step 2 See if the Airplane icon is disabled or not.
- Step 3 Tap on the Airplane icon to turn it on, and then turn it off again.
Alternatively, you can try this,
- Step 1 Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2 Turn on and again off the Airplane Mode.
By turning on and turn it off the Airplane Mode the issues might be fixed. Still, if you’re existing the same issues then try our other guides to fix them.
Check the Restrictions on Your iPhone
If you have parental controls enabled on your iPhone, it’s possible that Bluetooth sharing has been restricted. This can prevent you from turning on Bluetooth on your iPhone. To enable Bluetooth sharing on an iPhone with parental controls, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Screen Time“.
- Tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions“.
- If prompted, enter your passcode or use Face ID/Touch ID to authenticate.
- Scroll down and tap on “Bluetooth Sharing“.
- Select “Allow” to enable Bluetooth sharing.
Force Restart your iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone can sometimes fix issues with the device’s hardware and software, including Bluetooth connectivity problems. Here’s how it works:
When you force restart your iPhone, it clears the device’s RAM and stops all running processes. This can sometimes help to resolve any software glitches or conflicts that may be preventing your iPhone from turning on Bluetooth.
On iPhones with Face ID (iPhone X and Later),
- Step 1 Press and hold the volume up and down button.
- Step 2 At the same time press and hold the side button.
- Step 3 Keep holding until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus,
- Step 1 Press and hold the volume button and power button at the same time.
- Step 2 The Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen.
On iPhone 6, SE (1st Gen), and the Earlier Models,
- Step 1 Press and hold the top button on your iPhone.
- Step 2 At the same time press and hold the power button.
- Step 3 Until the Apple logo appears on the screen to restart the iPhone.
If you still can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone, then the problem might be something else, try our other fixes.
Update iOS on your iPhone
If the old software version has some bugs and glitches it might affect your overall experiences with various factors, including Bluetooth. So you need to make sure you have iOS updated to the latest version. Follow these steps to update iOS on your iPhone,
- Step 1 Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2 Tap on General.
- Step 3 Scroll down and select Software Update.
- Step 4 If an update is available, you will see the Install now option, tap on it.
- Step 5 Alternatively you might see a Download and Install option too, if so, click on it to download and install to update the latest version of iOS on your iPhone.
- Step 6 You will have to enter your passcode, after which you have to confirm by tapping on Install now.
Updating your iPhone to the latest version might fix issues with Bluetooth. However, if you still can’t turn on Bluetooth then try resetting Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
Resetting network settings on an iPhone can help to resolve issues with Bluetooth not turning on by resetting all network-related settings to their default values. This includes Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, cellular settings, and Bluetooth connections. Here’s how it works:
When you reset network settings on an iPhone, it removes all the saved network configurations and resets the device’s network settings to their factory defaults. This can help to clear any network-related bugs or conflicts that may be causing issues with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Step 1 Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2 Tap the General option.
- Step 3 Now, Select the Reset option.
- Step 4 Click on Reset Network Settings.
- Step 5 Here, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Step 6 To proceed you have to enter your password.
By resetting network settings these issues with Bluetooth might be fixed. See if you can turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
Contact Apple Support
I hope the above fixes were enough to solve your issues with the slow Wifi connection on your iPhone. But if the same issues persist then it might be a problem in hardware so, you need to contact Apple support and ask them to guide you.
You can contact Apple support through their website or Twitter. You can chat, call or even you take your iPhone to an Apple store to get it fixed. Make sure to get an appointment before your visit.
Can’t Turn on Bluetooth on iPhone – Conclusion
And that is it, I have explained all the ways you can fix Bluetooth won’t turn on iPhone issues in this article. As you can see, there are multiple foxes, so try them all. We hope this guide helped you to fix can’t turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone issue. Let us know which fix worked for you in the comments below.
- Wi-fi won’t turn on on Mac, How to Fix
- How to turn on LED Notification Light on iPhone
- Mac says Wi-Fi Not Configured, How to Fix