Misplaced your AirPods and can’t seem to find them? Check out our guide on how to find AirPods case.
AirPods are some of the best true wireless earbuds you can get right now. Both the normal AirPods and the Pro version are simply amazing.
They offer excellent sound quality and features that make them the best pair of earbuds for Apple aficionados.
One of AirPod’s cool features is how you can interact with the case using the Find My app.
This feature allows users to locate AirPods case in the event they misplace or lose it. Given how tiny and sleek AirPods are, it is easy to lose them.
So if you have misplaced your AirPods and are not able to find them, then you have come to the right place, this guide on how to find AirPods case will let you know about everything when it comes to lost AirPods.
To find a lost AirPods case, use Apple’s Find My app, which requires prior setup.
Open the app and select your AirPods under the Devices tab to see the last known location.
If nearby, make the case play a sound or get directions in Maps.
Alternatively, access iCloud.com/find and sign in to locate the case. For one AirPod in the open case, mute the other to help locate both.
To set up Find My, enable it in Settings and ensure Share My Location is on. Add AirPods to Find My via Bluetooth settings.
If you lose just the case, Apple offers replacement cases separately. Consider using a 3rd party protective case or attaching an AirTag or Tile tracker for easier retrieval.
To find a lost AirPods case you need to use the Find My app from Apple. This app allows users to locate AirPods, iPhone, Apple Watch, and other Apple devices.
For the Find My app to work, you need to have it set up first. If in case you haven’t set up Find My app then you won’t be able to locate your lost AirPods using the Find My app.
There is also no other Apple Service to locate lost Apple products.
If you have set up the Find My app already and lost your AirPods, then learn how to find the AirPods case using the following steps,
- Step 1 Open the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Step 2 Under the Devices tab, choose your AirPods that are missing.
- Step 3 Here, you will be able to see the last location of the AirPods case before it was powered off.
- Step 4 If you are close to the AirPods case location, you can make them play a sound.
- Step 5 You can also select the Directions at the top to open Maps to get a route to your AirPods Case’s location.
How to Use the ‘Play Sound’ & ‘Find Nearby’ Features to Locate your AirPods Case?
To locate your AirPods case using the ‘Play Sound’ and ‘Find Nearby’ features, follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the Devices tab.
- Select your AirPods from the list. For AirPods Pro 2, choose between Case, Left Bud, or Right Bud, and select Case.
- Click on the Play Sound option. Your AirPods will emit a sound to help you locate the charging case. You can stop the sound once you find it.
- If you still can’t find the case, you can use the Find Nearby feature. Disable the sound and select Find Nearby.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and the distance indicator to locate your AirPods case.
If you don’t have your iOS device with you, you can use the iCloud website:
- Go to iCloud.com/find and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on All Devices and choose your AirPods.
- Select the Play Sound option.
If one of your AirPods is in the open case, you can mute the other one to help locate the missing earbud and the case. Simply click on Left or Right while the sound is playing.
By following these steps, you can easily find your AirPods case using the convenient ‘Play Sound’ and ‘Find Nearby’ features.
In case you haven’t set up the Find My app before, make sure to set it up now, cause it can be useful when you lose an apple product. Follow these steps to set up the Find My app,
On iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Step 1 Open the Settings app on your device.
- Step 2 Tap on your Name and then tap on Find My.
- Step 3 Turn on Share My Location if you want your family and friends to know where you are.
- Step 4 Tap on Find My [device] and then turn on Find My [device].
- Step 5 To locate your devices even when they are offline, turn on the Find My Network option.
Step 6 Make sure to turn on Send Last Location if you want to know the last location of your device before it is powered off.
- Step 1 Open the Apple Menu and then go to System Preferences.
- Step 2 Click on Security & Privacy, then click on the Privacy tab.
- Step 3 If the padlock on the lower-left corner is locked, then click it and enter the name and password of the administrator to unlock it.
- Step 4 Select Location Services.
- Step 5 Make sure that both the check boxes next to Enable Location Services and Find My are checked.
- Step 6 Click on Done.
- Step 7 In the main Preferences window, click on your Apple ID and then click on iCloud.
- Step 8 Select the checkbox next to Find My Mac. Turn on the Find My network option to find your devices even when it’s stolen or lost without charge.
Note that, If you want to find your lost AirPods on a map, Location Services needs to be turned on. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn on Location Services.
After you have set up Find My, you need to add devices like AirPods, Apple Watch, or any other supported device to find them if you lose them.
Add your AirPods to Find My by,
- Step 1 Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Step 2 Open Bluetooth.
- Step 3 Tap on the More Info button next to your device in the list.
- Step 4 Scroll down and make sure that Find My network is turned on.
How to Replace a Lost AirPods Case?
If you lost your AirPods case but still have your AirPods then you can try to get a replacement. You can get a replacement AirPods case even if it’s damaged.
Apple considered the fact that people might lose or damage the AirPods case and so they sell replacement cases separately.
To get a replacement AirPods case, you can contact Apple Support and ask for a replacement. You will need the serial number for this, so keep that in hand.
If you still can’t find your AirPod or charging case, or if something is damaged, get the serial number and then contact Apple Support for a replacement.
Then learn how to set up your replacement. You can check below for pricing of each AirPods replacement,
|Replacement Earbuds Fee
|Replacement Case Fee
|AirPods (1st, 2nd, & 3rd gen)
|$59 for a standard charging case, $79 for a wireless or MagSafe charging case
How to Use he ‘Notify When Left Behind’ Feature to Avoid Losing your AirPods Case?
If you are someone who misplaces your stuff regularly, then you might want to take some preventive measures if you are worried that you will lose your AirPods too. Here are some tips that you can follow to avoid losing your AirPods case,
Get Alerts if you leave your AirPods behind
- Step 1 Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Step 2 Now, go to the Devices tab and choose your AirPods.
- Step 3 Tap on Notify When left Behind option under the Notifications tab.
- Step 4 Now, turn on Notify When Left Behind.
How to Set Up AirPods With New Case
Once you have received your replacement case, you need to set them up so that they work with your AirPods. To do this, you can follow these steps,
- Step 1 Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2 Go to Bluetooth.
- Step 3 Tap the info button next to your AirPods and tap on Forget This Device.
- Step 4 Confirm.
- Step 5 Place both your AirPods in the new charging case.
- Step 6 Open the lid and see if the LED light is amber.
- Step 7 Press and hold the setup button on the back of your AirPods case for a few seconds until the LED light is white.
- Step 8 Go to the Home Screen of your iPhone and then open the AirPods case with the AirPods inside and hold them near your iPhone.
- Step 9 Tap Connect to pair your new AirPods case and the AirPods.
Additional Steps to Prevent Losing Your AirPods Case
Use a 3rd Party AirPods Protective Case
If you feel that the AirPods case is too small and easy to lose, then you can use a 3rd party case on your AirPods that can protect it, provide grip and keep it secure using carabiners or lanyards.
The market for AirPods case is extremely popular as AirPods themselves are popular.
There are tons of quality AirPods cases, that offer protection, aesthetic modifications and come with accessories like carabiners and lanyards that allow users to secure their AirPods case to a bag or purse. This way it is much harder to lose your AirPods case.
Use AirTags to Track your AirPods Case
AirTags is one of my favorite products from Apple. These small accessories are excellent devices that can provide emit sound and send location to your device. You might be wondering how can they help with lost AirPods.
It is simple, you need to attach them to your AirPods using accessories like the Iqimoitt 2 in 1 Protective Skin Case. This case allows you to keep both your AirPods and AirTag in one place, so if you lose or misplace them, you can find them easily.
Similarly, you can use a case on your AirPods and attach the case to an AirTag using a carabiner. This will make finding your AirPods in case you lose it.
Affix a Tile Tracker to Track Your AirPods
Before AirTags as a thing, Tile trackers were the mini devices that let users find lost products. This item tracker is hugely popular, so if you are not a fan of the AirTags or if you already own Tile trackers, then use them with your AirPods so that you can find them easily if you lose or misplace them.
Losing your AirPods case can be stressful, whether you have the AirPods inside or not. Losing just the case means you can charge your AirPods anymore unless you fork out for a replacement. Similarly losing both your case and AirPods can be disheartening cause they don’t come cheap.
There are things you can try to find your lost AirPods case. There is the Find My app that can help by emitting sounds or providing location information. You can also use like AirTags or Tile trackers to know the location of your AirPods if you lose them.
If all hope is lost and you can’t find the AirPods then you can get replacement cases by contacting Apple Support. I hope this guide has helped in finding your AirPods.