Most Apple iPhone and iPad devices today come with the Wallet app pre installed on them. This wallet supports Apple Pay which is a payment gateway from Apple similar to Google Pay.
Apple Pay was intended to help its users shift from the more physical types of wallets to new age digital ones where all your debit cards and credit cards are always available to you, whether on your Apple Watch or iPhone or iPad. This will enable you to pay using just your device without the need for the physical card itself.
Apple has also introduced some other different payment options as well, these include their premium credit card, the Apple Card and also Apple cash, a service that will allow its users to send and receive money so simply it can be even be done within the messaging app.
Apple cash can be used to send money to your loved ones to be spent on their own Apple cards, you can use it to make contactless payments for purchases, a must in today’s current global situation.
So for whatever your purpose might be, using Apple Pay and Apple Cash will make your life simple and keep your money secure at the same time. No need to carry all your physical debit and credit cards everywhere you go, not anymore.
How To Use Apple Cash On Amazon
In this post, we will talk about the different types of payment services Apple has to offer and some of the benefits that come along with them.
If you have been using an Apple card, a digital credit card from Apple, getting daily cash rewards for all purchases you make should not be strange to you. For those who don’t know, with every completed purchase you make with Apple Card, you can receive anywhere between one and three per cent back in the form of Apple cash.
To know more about Apple cash, how and where you can use it including how to use it on Amazon just continue reading to find out.
What Is Apple Cash
One of the parts of the Apple financial ecosystem is Apple Cash which itself is a part of Apple Pay. Together they allow for quick and easy payments with transactions being completely secure and safe.
These transactions can be carried out from a number of your Apple devices such as your iPhone, the Apple Watch and iPad.
Apple Cash can be used to make purchases at stores that accept it. You can send money to other family members and friends with iMessage. Apple Cash will work where ever Apple Pay is accepted and that includes a lot of stores, online services and applications.
It is important to remember that originally launched in the United States, Apple Pay and Apple cash are not supported in all countries at the moment, some countries that do accept it are Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, Macau, Mexico, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the UAE.
Only users above 18 years of age can apply for and use Apple Pay, although parents can set up Apple Pay for their children under 18 years old but only with limited functionality.
Although Apple Cash is not directly supported by Amazon, there is a way you can use your Apple cash on Amazon which we will discuss a bit later.
Apple Pay And Apple Card
Most users who have used Apple Cash are probably aware of Apple Pay and Apple card already. Let’s take a look at some of the differences between them.
As we mentioned earlier, Apple Cash is a part of Apple Pay and lets you send and receive money through iMessage. This money reflects in your Apple Pay account
Apple Pay is an online payment platform similar to Samsung and Google Pay. You can use this to pay bills and make purchases using your Apple devices like your iPhone.
Apple Pay also has a feature that will allow you to add your own debit and credit cards to the platform, doing this will give you access to money in those accounts without the need to carry around the physical cards themselves.
Apple pay is a closed online platform and like similar others, it will work only on networks and with banks that support it. Unfortunately for now Amazon is not one of them yet.
And then there is Apple Card, this is a credit card which is similar to those you can get from any
other bank. The Apple card was launched in partnership with Goldman Sachs and MasterCard.
This like all regular credit cards is supported almost everywhere, and unlike Apple Pay can be used directly on Amazon as well.
You also get benefits like Daily cash for every fulfilled purchase, this gets deposited into your Apple Cash account.
How To Get Started With Apple Cash
Before you begin to use Apple Cash your device will have to meet certain criteria before you can set it up.
Your Apple device has to be on iOS 11.2 or newer and if it is the Apple Watch the OS 4.2 or newer.
You will also have to sign in to iCloud using the same Apple ID on other Apple devices you wish to send and receive money from. Two factor authentication will have to be set up as well
To send money to others you will have to add a debit card with a sufficient balance to the Wallet app.
Once you have completed the above, to set up Apple Cash follow the steps listed below.
- First, open the Settings app on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- On the settings page, scroll down to find Wallet and Apple Pay and click on it.
- Toggle the switch to turn on Apple Cash.
- Under the Payment Cards Tab select and click on Apple Cash.
- Next, click on continue, you will be given on screen instructions, follow them to complete the setup.
When you have completed the setup, you will now be able to add money to Apple Cash and use it for purchases using Apple Pay, you will also be able to transfer money from Apple Cash to your bank account and even send money to family and friends with iMessage.
Adding Money To Apple Cash
Adding money to Apple cash is simple and easy, you will need to have a usable balance in your account to be able to make purchases or pay bills.
To find out how to add cash to Apple Cash on your Apple devices just read the steps given below.
- For the iPhone, open the Wallet app and click on your Apple Cash card, on that page click on the More button
- If you are using an iPad, open the Settings app, click on Wallet and Apple Pay, then click on your Apple Cash card.
- With the Apple Watch, you will have to open the Wallet app, click on Apple Cash card and then click Card balance.
- Next, on whichever device, click on add money and enter the amount, the minimum you can add is 10 USD.
- When the amount is entered, click on add, you will then have to select the debit card or prepaid card you would like to use and confirm the billing address.
- Confirm the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID or your Passcode.
Note, you will need an active cellular network or Wi-Fi connection to complete this process.
How To Check Apple Cash Balance
- To check on your iPhone, open the wallet app and then click on your Apple Cash card.
- On the iPad, open the Settings app, click on Wallet and Apple Pay and then click on your Apple cash card.
- To check on the Apple Watch, double click the side button and swipe to go to Apple Cash card.
- Your Apple Cash balance can also be found on your Apple ID account page.
How To Use Apple Cash On Amazon
Once you have finished adding cash you can use it for purchases and bills, but as of now, you will not be able to spend Apple cash on Amazon directly. But you can do this using your Apple Card. Because these two systems are interlinked by the Wallet app, you can use your Apple Cash to fund your card and use that on Amazon.
By doing this you will indirectly be able to use your Apple Cash and make purchases on Amazon with the Apple Card. To learn the details on how to do this continue reading below.
Adding Your Card To Amazon
Before you can start spending, first you will have to add your Apple Card like any other to your Amazon account.
- To begin this setup, using a browser of your choice open the Amazon website, or open the Amazon app on your iPhone.
- Next, sign in to your account and click on the menu button located in the top left corner of the Amazon app, on the menu page click on your account.
- On your account page, click on Manage Payment options.
- Scroll down to find the Add New Payment Method tab and click on it.
- Next, click on add a card. Now you will be required to enter your Apple Card information.
You can find this information in your Wallet app on your iPhone. Click on Apple Card, then More, Authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID. Add this information to Amazon.
- On Amazon, click add your Card. Select the billing address linked to your Apple Card and click on Confirm.
Now like any other card you can use your Apple Card to bill purchases on Amazon. Apple Cash can be used to pay these bills monthly.
Pay Your Apple Card Bill
To pay your bill with Apple Cash follow the instructions below.
- First, open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Next, Click on Apple Cash Card and then click on the Pay button.
- Decide the amount you would like to pay by moving the dial.
- Then click on Pay now.
- Select your bank account and switch Apple cash on and then go back.
- Authenticate the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode to finish.
By doing this the Amazon purchases you made on the Apple card will now be paid for with your Apple cash.
We hope the information in this article helps you make the most out of Apple Cash including on Amazon.